Friday, September 7, 2012

TMNT- Raphael colors...

This was a sketch I did at a convention this last year. I put the logo up top and had Mark Roberts do the colors to make it a more finished illustration.

It's hard for me to say what my favorite 80's property of cartoons or toys would be. In no particular order my top 5 are definitely:

1. GI Joe
2. He-Man
3. Thundercats
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
5. Transformers

That's not to take away from other great shows like M.A.S.K., Silverhawks, Voltron, etc... But I think the most memorable properties provided a great toy line to coincide with the cartoon. With the exception of Thundercats, the other 4 I had toys of growing up and at my age in the late 80's when Turtles were huge I was at that perfect age to really get into it. 

So any chance I ever get to draw 1 of the above properties, I revel in the nostalgia and really enjoy the chance to draw it. 

TMNT- Raphael colors - 424


IDW Publishing is currently putting out a GREAT monthly ongoing Turtles book! IDW has also started collecting the classic comics from the 80's. 
You can get the collected editions for 20-40% off here at



For Comments or Questions you can email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

2 comments: