Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Self Portrait...

I was asked to do a self portrait for the Comics Experience website that I teach with. I've been teaching online art courses here for a couple years now, and Andy Schmidt is revamping the website very soon. He asked me to do a portrait and some art for the banners for each course that I'm teaching. It was a lot of fun to do and a nice change of pace.

The portrait, man I haven't had to do one of these since I was in High School. I suck at portraits in general, and it's not something I enjoy doing. So I put this off subconsciously for quite a while not really knowing what I would do, and a little intimidated to try. I don't like looking at my work that much to begin with, let alone when it's a picture of me.

As it turned out, I was able to draw this relatively quick once I had an idea and got started on it. It ended up being pretty painless and I think an accurate enough portrait.

Self Portrait- 442


I'll post the banner art next. Loads more fun than having to do this one. 

For Comments and Questions email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

1 comment:

  1. All it needs is Snake Eyes creeping up on you from behind, peering over your shoulder ;)

    ReplyDelete