Thursday, February 14, 2013

Amazing Spiderman...after McFarlane!

Here was another sketch cover from back at the NYCC comic con. This was a specific request to draw this cover like the now classic Todd McFarlane Spiderman cover. Drawing and recreation cover isn't always the most creatively fulfilling commission, but this is such an iconic image, it was still a very fun commission to do. The crazy thing is when you compare this to the original, I didn't draw NEARLY as many webs in the background as McFarlane did. But of course he was drawing it at 11x17 and I was drawing it on a 6x10 comic cover. It was cool to see when it was all done.

Amazing Spider-man (McFarlane cover recreation) - 464

I even did the little spidey in the upper left hand corner hanging down. My scan got cropped off a bit which is why you don't see his whole hand and the box in the bottom left. It's all there on the sketch.

For comments and questions email me at
ROBERT@ROBERTATKINSART.com

If you've tried emailing me at that address recently, I've had issues with the email. I'm working that out soon, thanks for your patience!


I will be set up at the upcoming GI JOE Con in Indianapolis, IN April 4th-7th
I will be doing sketches and commissions at the show and have prints and artbooks available. 
I also just got this large 17x33 inch print back from the printer. If you're interested, email me and we can work out the transaction and details.
*the large print is seamless between the separate covers this is just a quick combined scan

The IDW JOE-Verse by Robert Atkins
17x33
$40
Shipping Domestically $7, Internationally $15





Check out the amazing trades and/or other discounted comics at 



No comments:

Post a Comment