Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Baroness...

I actually went nearly a year without getting a Baroness sketch at a convention.  I do get commonly requested GI JOE characters, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow and Baroness mostly.  In a very cool way though, the last 3-4 conventions I've had more lesser known Joe characters requested (Airtight, Alpine, SnowJob, the awkward Flint and Shipwreck High-5).

Even with the amount of times he's requested I don't think I could ever get tired of drawing Snake Eyes. I don't think I've ever been very good at drawing girl characters, it's taken a long time and quite a few stumbles along the way to even get to where I'm at. So despite my lack of confidence in drawing the Baroness, I still like to draw her. I think it's because she has such a distinct look that is lots of fun to try and capture her attitude.

Here is a 9x12 sketch of here from the Emerald City Comic Con. I still have a few more to take care of that I'm looking forward to completing!

Baroness - 470


For Comments and Questions email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

If you've tried emailing me at that address recently, I've had issues with the email. I'm working that out soon, thanks for your patience!


I will be set up at the upcoming GI JOE Con in Indianapolis, IN April 4th-7th
I will be doing sketches and commissions at the show and have prints and artbooks available. 
I also just got this large 17x33 inch print back from the printer. If you're interested, email me and we can work out the transaction and details.
*the large print is seamless between the separate covers this is just a quick combined scan

The IDW JOE-Verse by Robert Atkins
17x33
$40
Shipping Domestically $7, Internationally $15





Check out the amazing trades and/or other discounted comics at 



4 comments:

  1. Love that Baroness piece. Makes me want one even more. That being said, all the commissions I've bought from you have been of girl characters and I think you do a fine job drawing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Baroness piece. I was planning on talikng to you at Joecon about a Baroness commision, with a twist, a Vargas style pinup to be used as the basis for the Nose art on a kitplane that I'm building.

    ReplyDelete