Friday, February 15, 2013

Booster and Skeets...

This was another sketch from the Emerald City Comic Con I did in someone's sketchbook. I actually flipped the drawing in photoshop from the original. Just to see how it looked coming from the other direction. Fun to do, I really like this character. 

I think I mentioned in a previous post where I did a Booster sketch, my first introduction to this character was in the Death of Superman event. Doomsday was kicking the trash out of the Justice League and threw Booster miles away through the atmosphere. Then BAM! Splash page of Superman grabbing Booster out of the air. This page had a huge impact on me artistically as a kid. The pose and style of drawing just really sunk in. I went back later and learned more about the character and liked him even more. 

His spotlight episode in the Justice League Unlimited cartoon was hilarious! I've seen it a dozen times at least!


Booster Gold - 465



For comments and questions email me at
ROBERT@ROBERTATKINSART.com

If you've tried emailing me at that address recently, I've had issues with the email. I'm working that out soon, thanks for your patience!


I will be set up at the upcoming GI JOE Con in Indianapolis, IN April 4th-7th
I will be doing sketches and commissions at the show and have prints and artbooks available. 
I also just got this large 17x33 inch print back from the printer. If you're interested, email me and we can work out the transaction and details.
*the large print is seamless between the separate covers this is just a quick combined scan

The IDW JOE-Verse by Robert Atkins
17x33
$40
Shipping Domestically $7, Internationally $15





Check out the amazing trades and/or other discounted comics at 




1 comment: