Wednesday, February 13, 2013

GI Joe Awesome...

Usually at least once per convention I'm asked to do an unusual sketch. I don't take any commissions I find too violent or "racey", basically anything that would make me uncomfortable to draw. But I still get the occasional odd ball sketch request.

In this situation it was basically GI JOE's Flint giving Shipwreck a high-5, heh. I wasn't sure how to approach it but just to go all cheese! The request was specific that Polly, Shipwreck's parrot, NEEDED to be in the sketch. So this was the end result done in the guy's convention sketchbook.

High 5 GI JOE style - 463


Now that I'm posting it, I just remembered I was going to draw a bunch of chest hair on Shipwreck...I think I can live without having done that actually.


For comments and questions email me at
ROBERT@ROBERTATKINSART.com

If you've tried emailing me at that address recently, I've had issues with the email. I'm working that out soon, thanks for your patience!


I will be set up at the upcoming GI JOE Con in Indianapolis, IN April 4th-7th
I will be doing sketches and commissions at the show and have prints and artbooks available. 
I also just got this large 17x33 inch print back from the printer. If you're interested, email me and we can work out the transaction and details.
The IDW JOE-Verse by Robert Atkins
17x33
$40
Shipping Domestically $7, Internationally $15





Check out the amazing trades and/or other discounted comics at 




6 comments:

  1. My new favourite drawing by you.
    Have you ever drawn Flash Gordon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, never drawn Flash Gordon, though I would enjoy it. I dig the character

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, does this mean you'll do my Snakes in Boy George get-up now? (duck and running from Shane)

    ReplyDelete