Sunday, February 24, 2013

Gundam-esque Mech Banner art

Another of the web banners I did for the new Comics Experience website. Andy Schmidt didn't give specific direction on what he wanted drawn, just that there be a variety of genres represented.

I've been a long time fan of large robots or mobile suits ranging from Voltron to Transformers to every incarnation of Gundam anime. There's just something about it visually that I completely enjoy. As much as I love it, I've rarely taken the chance to draw it. So when told I could draw anything I wanted I went for this.

It's not any Gundam model specifically, I had to avoid copyrighted material. But I take enough influence from the design that it could easily fit in that world. Here is the rough sketch and final inks for this Mech Battle piece.

Comics Experience Web Art 
Mech Battle - 483




For Comments and Questions email me at

Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

If you've tried emailing me at that address recently, I've had issues with the email. I'm working that out soon, thanks for your patience!






Check out the amazing trades and/or other discounted comics at 

1 comment: