Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Punisher...You know...punishing things....


Here is another commission sketch I recently got done. Inked on 9x12 paper. I'm sure from my GI Joe background my work lends itself to this kind of character especially. I've been on and off a fan of the Punisher. For me it really depends on the creative team. I like the premise of his character and motivation. I think I like it better when he teams up with/fights against other costumed heroes and seeing their reaction to him. At one point, I think I remembered liking it a lot when Frank Castle was confronted by Captain America during the Civil War event. I realized, and it makes since with Frank's military background, that he had an almost reverence for Captain America. Captain was beating on him, but Frank wouldn't fight back. It says a lot about his character. I really dug it.

This is a book I'd like to draw, but it would really depend on the story and writer. I'm not into anything super violent, anything beyond basic shoot 'em up action movie stuff. At times Punisher stories have pushed the limit for what I'd be comfortable working on. So a lot of people say I'd be a good fit for the book, but it would really depend on the story.

When it comes to sketches though, I could do this all day long!

Punisher - 469



For Comments and Questions email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com

If you've tried emailing me at that address recently, I've had issues with the email. I'm working that out soon, thanks for your patience!


I will be set up at the upcoming GI JOE Con in Indianapolis, IN April 4th-7th
I will be doing sketches and commissions at the show and have prints and artbooks available. 
I also just got this large 17x33 inch print back from the printer. If you're interested, email me and we can work out the transaction and details.
*the large print is seamless between the separate covers this is just a quick combined scan

The IDW JOE-Verse by Robert Atkins
17x33
$40
Shipping Domestically $7, Internationally $15





Check out the amazing trades and/or other discounted comics at 



1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm like you--I like the Punisher depending on who's writing him. I'm much more of a fan of the cool, methodical, former-soldier Punisher than the psychotic/sociopathic Punisher . . .

    ReplyDelete