Saturday, March 16, 2013

Blackbolt...

This was a cover sketch of Blackbolt done on an Avengers blank cover at C2E2, the con I was recently at in Chicago. Not sure if it's like this on every new Marvel blank, but this cover REALLY bled with any kind of ink I put on it. That means a piece of paper wont allow the fluid of the ink to sit on the surface of the paper and dry, but instead absorbs it rapidly and the line "bleeds" out.

So I'm happy with the end result as far as the sketch goes, but it was a struggle to keep it looking as crisp as I would have liked. I think I still got the effect, just that it took longer and I had to really focus on every line as I went.

Still a cool character to draw!

Blackbolt - 501







You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


No comments:

Post a Comment