Tuesday, March 5, 2013

GI JOE con sketch cards...

I was able to attend the GI JOE con in Indianapolis a couple of weeks ago. The convention ran some sketch cards, unfortunately it wasn't highly promoted. I think a lot of attendees and even some staff didn't realize that I was going to be there. So it wasnt until the last day that people starting coming to my table asking if I could draw on their blank cards. I was the only artist that set up at the convention. So I was able to get a few done at the show and take a couple back with me to do as warm ups for the day.

I haven't drawn any sketch cards previous to this that I can recall. It's interesting because you only have 2-3 inches to do a drawing of a character. Tiny nibbed pens come in handy.

Baroness Sketch Card - 492

This is showing up much larger than I actually drew it. 


You can check out all the GIJOE collected trades I've worked on
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


1 comment:

  1. I really like the early-Marvel vintage flavor this sketch has! And awesome detail on such a small "canvas".

    ReplyDelete