Tuesday, March 19, 2013

IDW Signature Plates Snake Eyes II...

Here is the next Snake Eyes sketch in this series of original art plates that I'm doing for IDW Publishing.  I have to do 6 Snake Eyes character shots total. It's been fun working through the different versions of him. This is his V2 costume based on the second toy that came out of him. Here's where he started wearing the recognizable Snake Eyes visor and took on a more ninja persona and gear.

Snake Eyes -504


With these sketches I'm trying to atleast establish a scene or environment. Too often I just see a quick character sketch floating on a field of nothing. And sure, it's cool to look at, but I'd always so much rather tell a story. Just by adding a bit of background you set the stage for someone to build a story in their mind about this drawing.


You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com



No comments:

Post a Comment