Wednesday, March 20, 2013

IDW Signature Plates Snake Eyes III...

Here is the 3rd Snake Eyes I've done for these Black Label original art plates. IDW is putting out a collector's edition of the run on GI JOE that I was a part of starting in 2009. So with each of these collections I'm doing a series of sketches that will be inserted into the boxed book the buyer receives.

For this Snake Eyes I wanted to draw the GI JOE: Resolute version from the animated shorts a couple of years ago. I really like this design and even pulled some elements from this for my take on Snake Eyes in the recent comics.

In the Resolute animation, he's mostly gray, so I didn't want to drop a lot of harsh shadows across his body. I think this would actually look better colored up or with a grayscale marker done on it. Still, I had fun with the design, setting the scene and implying some story about to happen.

Snake Eyes - 505


You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com



1 comment:

  1. I LOOOOOVE Resolute! Awesome take on this man!

    ReplyDelete