Sunday, April 7, 2013

Avengers VS. Kang the Conqueror...

This was another blank cover that took quite a while to complete. I wish I had a better scan of it, but I had to do this on the road, and I think this was the best that I got. Some places got distorted and look like weird proportions. I don't typically make excuses, but this time I know the scan made some parts of this look a bit weird or "off".  I have this great portable scanner. Its just a wand that you hold over the paper and slide it down the image while it's scanning. That's how I scan in most of my convention sketches and usually it works great. This time around it got a bit wobbly, and it shows in a few places.

Scanning aside, this was LOADS of fun to do!!  This was the first multi-character blank that I've done with soooo many characters involved. I also tried out some new reflective techniques on the buildings in the background that I think worked alright. I'd like to try these on something that I had more time on.  I got this done for pick up at Heroes Con, but they'd been waiting quite a while on this. So thanks again for your patience folks! These are all getting done, and I'm doing my best to make them worth the wait!


Avengers Vs Kang - 523

I think Kang and Wolverine were my favorite parts of this one.






You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com





1 comment:

  1. Dude, that's incredible! Especially on a blank cover. I don't know how you did it.

    ReplyDelete