Friday, June 21, 2013

Deadpool on X-men blank colored....

Here was the Deadpool sketch I did on a X-Men blank cover comic. These blanks went from being something I hated to do, now to something I really look forward to. Initially it was because of a poor choice of paper finish on the covers. It made it near impossible to pencil and ink on. Now they've pretty well perfected the kind of cover stock to allow all kinds of art supplies to work.

What I enjoy most is that the title is on the drawing, and it can sometimes help tell the story, or atleast give it some context. Also with most sketches I do, I prefer to try and tell a story with the image instead of just a character standing there looking cool. With Deadpool that's usually pretty easy.

Colors by Sean Ellery!

Deadpool - 599



You can see Sean's color work here at his Deviant art Gallery!




You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com


No comments:

Post a Comment