Wednesday, July 3, 2013

IDW SIgnature plates - Destro....

Still working on these original art plates for the IDW Signature series of books that will collecting the Dixon/Atkins/Gallant run on GI JOE.

This sketch in particular was very fun to do. I wanted to do another version of Destro, though his classic black suit is by far my favorite. This this image, the cover to GI Joe #116 of the old Marvel Comics run. The cover was drawn by Michael Golden, a fantastic artist and well known for his GI JOE covers. For me it's a great Destro cover, and while I don't tend to do many cover recreations, this seemed like a cool chance to do an homage.

So all respect to Mr. Golden, here's my representation of his cover.

Destro - 611




You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
Robert@RobertAtkinsArt.com



No comments:

Post a Comment