Friday, June 6, 2014

Duke...A Real American Hero!

I'm just realizing how many GI JOE con sketches and commissions I've done recently. It was more than I had thought. I'm going to have plenty of new sketches to fill another sketchbook that's just GI JOE stuff pretty soon.  Which in fact also reminds me. I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert Atkins Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is Marvel Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, Spiderman, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (Superman, Batman, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.

On to the sketch. Here's a Duke sketch, the lead man of the GI Joe's. Fun sketch to do and I wanted to include a background, but something a little different than him posing looking all poster boy. Something to suggest he's either breaking in, or out of some kind of Cobra compound. I like when these sketches can suggest a story, or make you ask questions about what is about to happen. I also realized I hardly ever get asked to draw Duke.

Duke - 672



You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
RobertQAtkins@GMAIL.com

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you posting stuff again--everything looks awesome (especially that Colossus)! Thanks for the commission update as well.

    ReplyDelete