Monday, July 28, 2014

Character Turnarounds and Figure Templates...

As in the past I've posted a lot of figure templates for public use. I do this for a lot of reasons, but just to offer a resource for people to be more creative. I visit a lot of elementary schools and do presentations on what I do as an artist. I always do an activity with them to create their own characters, or superheroes. To help expedite the activity, we use these figure templates so they are less worried bout how well they draw, and can focus on the costume or design of their character.

I've also see many people use these templates as educators in their classrooms for activities. One high-school teacher got in touch with me and asked for the files of the templates. He uses them in his Social Studies class to have the students create a character that embodies an aspect of Government and/or a Core Principle of society. The kids loved it, and he was even able to take the lesson plan to a national conference to introduce it to other educators from around the country.  Here is the powerpoint he used for the lesson plan:
http://www.ucssblog.com/p/ncss-handouts.html

Here's a few examples of the kid's characters. 






Man that last one cracks me up.


So to continue to provide figure templates for student and fellow creators, I'll be doing a series of turnarounds sheets. This can be helpful for character creation for all sorts of uses. Comic book characters, video game, and concept art, and I've recently realized how these could be used for Role Playing Game characters.

Here is a first standard, heroic male turn around. I'll have a standard female done soon, then I'll move on to a variety of body types. If you're interested in a high res version of this file, just email me directly. But you can save this file and it will be detailed enough to print out on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper and it keeps the file size low.

MaleTurnaround
Along with others for you to use!












I also created this turnaround as a supplement worksheet in the Figure Drawing class I teach at the Comics Experience Site.

If you have any suggestions for other templates you'd like to see or use, feel free to email me.

You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
RobertQAtkins@GMAIL.com


I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert Atkins Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is Marvel Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, Spiderman, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (Superman, BATMAN, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, did you ever do the female version of the turnaround? I can't seem to find it.

    ReplyDelete