Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Superman Batman....

This was a fun cover for a couple of reasons. For one thing its pretty different than what I normally do. I was set up at C2E2 up at Chicago, next to my brother Brian Atkins, who is also an artist. We were asked to do a blank cover sketch together, of George Reeves Superman and Adam West Batman. So we put this together, I think it's the first jam piece we've done together. We've got another one booked to do, and I'm even more excited to do that one too of Nightwing and Robin. Though that one will be more contemporary comic styles than this.

I saw this and it cracked me up that Brian even drew the leotard seem on Adam West's inner thighs. We asked him why he did that, and he just said "it was on his costume for the show!"...we were like, "yeah...but you didn't have to draw it." Ha, man Brian cracks me up.

Superman Batman - 676


You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
RobertQAtkins@GMAIL.com


I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert Atkins Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is Marvel Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, Spiderman, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (Superman, Batman, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment