Saturday, August 9, 2014

JSA - That's my Jam!

So I'm going to apologize for the title pun right upfront, This was a Jam piece I worked on at Heroes con. This guy who commissions these awesomely HUGE pieces, has had me work on a Teen Titans and a Spiderman one before this. Possibly more. But each of these is larger than a normal sized poster. Each figure standing up like this is over a foot tall. The hardest struggle when working on these is just handling the large piece of paper and getting comfortable drawing with the board so far away and your arm fully extended to work on the head.

The first one I can remember doing for him was the Spider-Man Jam. To solve the size issue, I just put the piece on the floor (on top of some clean cardboard) and drew Venom while I was lying on the ground behind my table. It's something this guy always reminds me of when I talk to him at shows.

So for this JSA piece, I was right after Mike McKone who drew Starman. I drew Wildcat, and you can see that there are a number of other characters ready to be filled in by other artists throughout the show.

WildCat - 688





You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!




For Comments and Questions you can email me at
RobertQAtkins@GMAIL.com


I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert Atkins Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is Marvel Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, SPIDERMAN, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (Superman, BATMAN, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment