Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wonder Worker for DawnForged Cast...

I'll be doing a number of character commissions for Andrew who runs the YouTube channel DawnForgedCast!  He has literally hundreds of videos posted of Dungeons and Dragons style RPG games, tutorials and conversations. The content ranges all over. There is plenty of info for the new beginning player, and all the way up to a seasoned table top gamer.

I started watching his videos a few months ago and have grown to really enjoy how informative and creative the videos are. The production quality is high, and Andrew is very succinct in his descriptions and tutorials.

I personally haven't ever played DnD, but I've certainly been surrounded by it with friends and studio mates. I'd like to play, as I see it as a great way to engage in creative storytelling. I'm fascinated by storytelling, it's a very big part of my daily job as a comic book artist. My problem is I don't have enough friends that are into it locally to start up a group. Maybe eventually. Until then I'm engaged vicariously through Andrew's channel! DFC also offers online gaming group sessions. You can follow the Facebook Page Monday Night Gaming to see when he is hosting new games and information.

I'm excited to work on some Fantasy genre art, it's a nice change of pace from my daily pages of modern military work. I certainly enjoy that as well, but this is a good warm up for me.

This first character is a main figure in Andrew's Beginner's Table games (which is a great example of one of the online gamer groups he does!) This character is the Wonder Worker, he is a gnome and the entrepreneur leading a caravan, that hires out adventuring teams for the basis of the stories. They go to whatever temple ruin, dungeon, forest etc... and find a very specific silver box the he will collect. Each gaming session they go to a new town, and that allows a new set of gamers to be involved each session. It's a rather brilliant plot for bite sized adventures. So here's the line art for the Wonder Worker, we'll have colors and more characters very soon!

DFC Wonder Worker - 690







You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!








For Comments and Questions you can email me at
RobertQAtkins@GMAIL.com


I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert ATKINS Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is MARVEL Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, SPIDERMAN, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (SUPERMANBATMAN, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 each and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment