Tuesday, September 2, 2014

NYCC Exclusive GIJOE #1 cover - Scarlett

This was a cool cover to do and has a little story behind it. John Barber the IDW editor working on Hasbro properties emailed me to see if I'd be at NYCC. At first I didn't think so. But a few weeks later, I let him know I was going. He then asked if I'd be able to do a NYCC exclusive cover for GI JOE #1. So if nothing else, I'm glad I was able to make it to the show as it allowed me a chance at this cover. 

This issue, does have Scarlett as a main character, but I was allowed a lot of free reign on the cover. It just needed to spotlight her. So I wanted to use a cover layout I had liked and proposed years ago. I think this was one of the suggestions for GI Joe #12 in Volume 1 of the IDW series. I liked the layout, and that story actually had Scarlett in the tunnels underneath the PIT at the time. 

It's a bit out of context for the sake of this issue, but we thought NYC sewers are pretty renowned (TMNT) and it worked well enough for a Scarlett centric cover. For me, I just like being able to use an old idea and see it come to fruition finally.



GIJOE #1 NYCC Exclusive cover - 694





You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!








For Comments and Questions you can email me at
RobertQAtkins@GMAIL.com


I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert ATKINS Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is MARVEL Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, SPIDERMAN, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (SUPERMANBATMAN, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 each and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.





No comments:

Post a Comment