Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Marissa Fairborn and Afterburner...


This was a promo piece done for the Transformers collector's club. It was interesting to see the reactions. From what I know, this character makes a brief appearance in a TF episode set in the near future. With her name, it's suggested that she's the daughter of Lady Jaye and Flint from the GI JOE cartoon, and is the Earth's liaison to the Transformers. I like the idea of a crossover figure like this being made for a collector's club, because it's not something that Hasbro would likely produce. I'd much rather get figures like this from the clubs then repaints of figures already available.

But TF fans didn't see the point of it, and especially with a repainted vehicle that didn't transform. This seemed to me like a better fit for the GI JOE collector's club, since it's a repainted Joe vehicle and the ties of GI Joe characters. Still it was a lot of fun to draw, I liked the character design a lot and I always enjoy drawing vehicles and Transformer (like) material whenever I get the chance. 

Here's my process for the job. 

Marissa Fairborn and Afterburner - 695





You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!








For Comments and Questions you can email me at
RobertQAtkins@GMAIL.com


I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert ATKINS Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is MARVEL Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, SPIDERMAN, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (SUPERMANBATMAN, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 each and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment