Friday, December 12, 2014

Joe-A-Day: Mainframe...

Mainframe, again this was a character I've never drawn before. As it turns out, this was one of my favorite pieces that I did for the GI JOE: Battleground game. Just the action, proportions and over all feel was very "GI JOE" to me.

While I love GI JOE and have since I was a kid, I am by no means an encyclopedia on the property. There are plenty of characters that are still new to me, and I enjoy learning more about as I get the chance to work on the property. Especially while working on GI Joe Battleground I took the chance to research each character a bit as I was working on them. Reading file cards, rewatching Sunbow cartoons that spotlighted them, or finding old comics that they were introduced in all was a great way to get to know what made these characters great Joes!

For Mainframe, I really liked that (as the file card puts it) "He's got brains - but he's hard!" He's a tough dude that went to war, was infantry and experienced in the field. Later went to MIT, worked in computer tech industry then reenlisted with the Marines. He's a tough dude, and someone I'd definitely want on my side. As you get behind the scenes with each of these characters and find out who they are, it all comes to life. It's no wonder this property has so much staying power with fans. There's such a wealth of character and story that can even still be explored!

Joe-A-Day: Mainframe - 719






All colored prints are for sale on my blog. 
You can email me directly at the address below for more details!


You can check out all the collected trades I've worked on 
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!





For Comments and Questions you can email me at
RobertQAtkins@GMAIL.com


I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert ATKINS Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is MARVEL Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, SPIDERMAN, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (SUPERMANBATMAN, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 each and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.


No comments:

Post a Comment