Monday, July 20, 2015

Daily Sketch : D&D Tural Lighthammer...

Last summer I tried out playing D&D for the first time! It started because I was looking for something to listen to while I work. I didn't have any new podcasts to start, audio books I was interested in or new music to keep me motivated.

I thought how fun it would be to do some gaming. Friends of mine have done it for years, but I was never available or part of their group and it's a weird thing to ask to join mid-game.
So I went looking online and found that people are playing their games, but also recording them. First I found the PAX: Acquisitions Inc. live plays at the conventions. They have celebrity guests, and it's all very much a game for the crowd to watch and enjoy. Those were fun, and entertaining, but I quickly made my way through those. I then came across Andrew Armstrong's YouTube channel: Dawnforged Cast.  

Here Andrew already had a massive amount of content and especially centered on teaching new players the game and how it's done. I've followed Andrew's videos and have been lucky enough to be a part of 2 campaigns currently! It's been a load of fun, and even in one of my games my brother Brian Atkins is playing. It's a new experience for both of us and really grabbed our imaginations. 

I know D&D has a stigma out there, and it's unfortunate more people won't give it a chance because of that. My wife still rolls her eyes when I say I'm off to play. But I think it's a fantastic chance to work on storytelling and being creative. It's so cool to improvise and playact against others. I'm amazed at how a good Dungeon Master can evoke these grand surroundings and situations through their descriptions and writing. It's just a great creative outlet. 

Also since being a part of the site, I've had a chance to do some artwork for Andrew and in this case one of those following the channel. This was his character, and through a contest on the site, won a chance to get his character drawn by me. So his knight is called Tural Lighthammer. Based on his descriptions, this is what I came up with.

D&D Tural Lighthammer - 757


You can check out awesome books
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!





For Comments and Questions you can email me at
RobertQAtkins@GMAIL.com


I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert ATKINS Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is MARVEL Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, SPIDERMAN, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (SUPERMANBATMAN, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 each and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.




No comments:

Post a Comment