Saturday, July 18, 2015

Daily Sketch : GI Joe - Leatherneck!

This is only the 3rd time I've drawn this character. Once in the first volume of GI JOE pages, then in this Torpedo/Leatherneck sketch and finally this one.  A commission for my good friend Jason at a recent con. He actually got the Sgt. Slaughter as well that I posted a while back.

I love drawing Joes in action! that always beats the "I'm standing here looking cool" pose that we all see too often in commissions.

For anyone questioning if commissions are getting done, here's absolute proof that progress is being made! I do have some very large commissions. Since they take longer to complete, I will show process shots and occasionally fit in a single character commission like this one in between. But for the most part these will be first come first serve, me working down my list in order. If you have a commission with me, keep an eye out as I plan to have them all done this summer!

Leatherneck - 756



You can check out awesome books
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!





For Comments and Questions you can email me at
RobertQAtkins@GMAIL.com


I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert ATKINS Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is MARVEL Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, SPIDERMAN, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (SUPERMANBATMAN, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 each and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.






1 comment: