Saturday, August 29, 2015

Daily Sketch: Storm Shadow...

Here's a long overdue sketch for Tim Layne.  He purchased my sketchbooks from a long while back and I needed to do some sketches on the inside for him. Trying my best to work through my lists of commissions to do, inevitably I'll get to them all. Maybe here's a bit of proof that no one is forgotten and that they will ALL get done.

Plus, you can't beat getting to draw Storm Shadow! Any kind of marker sketches never look as good when you scan them in. Mostly because when you clean up the drawing you have to fiddle with the contrast to make the blacks darker and the white areas whiter. So generally you break up the "smooth-ness" of the marker rendering by doing this also. Needless to say, the actual original sketch is of a smoother/better quality than this quick scan and clean up job.


Storm Shadow - 799


You can check out awesome books
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!





For Comments, Questions or Art Sales inquiries, you can email me at
RobertQ.Atkins@GMAIL.com


I have a new set of art books titled- " Robert ATKINS Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is MARVEL Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, SPIDERMAN, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (SUPERMANBATMAN, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 each and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.


1 comment:

  1. Whoooo-hoooooo! AWESOME SAUCE! Thank you Robert--this made my day!

    ReplyDelete