Monday, January 4, 2016

Daily Sketch: Snake Eyes and Duke...

This was a quick sketch for someone at the Edmonton con this last Sept. That show was a lot of fun and a pleasant surprise. I wish I would've thought to adjust my prices though to account for the Canadian/US dollar exchange. Turns out I was giving about a 30% discount on everything that weekend. Live and learn.

But that aside, and more importantly, I had a great time meeting with fans and con goers that stopped by to say hi and pick up some work. This commission was a guy that was a huge fan of SE and Duke from the cartoon especially. He liked that there was always a bit of tension, so he wanted a "VS" like pose, but not a full on fist fight.  I like to put a little more story or context into my sketches, and this is screaming for a background to me. The storyteller in me has so many unanswered questions with this sketch.

Duke VS Snake Eyes - 804



You can check out awesome books
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!





For Comments, Questions or Art Sales inquiries, you can email me at
RobertQ.Atkins@GMAIL.com


I have a set of 3 art books titled- " Robert ATKINS Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is MARVEL Comics Characters (X-Men, Avengers, SPIDERMAN, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (SUPERMANBATMAN, JLA, etc..) These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 each and $5 flat rate shipping for 1 or all 3. I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them through my blog as well. You can email me if you need more details.


1 comment: