Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Daily Sketch - Baroness and Destro.....

This was a fun commission to do, I really enjoy the commissions that tell a story. This is a POV shot of someone doing a deal with Destro and Baroness. Baroness offering up the promised money in a case, while Destro carrying similar cases for the transaction, one of which hides a timed explosive.

That sounds about right for these two, typical M.A.R.S.  or Cobra business practices when it comes to arms dealing.  I have a few more commissions for this same guy, and am just as excited to get to them as well, lots of great description and ideas for illustrations.

I have a wide variety of people who commission me, some are very specific in what they want, and others leave it open for me to decide. I don't mind either way really. I feel a bit more pressure to "get it right" with those that have an exact idea in their mind of what it should be. Otherwise, I find them both typically fun to work on. I enjoy how different the process can be for either approach.

Baroness is one of those characters that has a very distinct look. I think I have gotten closer to getting that down over the years. There are still a few characters I'm working on nailing down to what I think is their iconic look, but with Baroness I think I'm pretty close.

Baroness and Destro - 818


Some process shots








You can check out awesome books
and some of my art/sketch books
 here at AMAZING discounts!





For Comments, Questions or Art Sales inquiries, you can email me at
RobertQ.Atkins@GMAIL.com


I have a set of 3 art books titled- " Robert ATKINS Art: Declassified"  They are 60 pages each, full of the black and white sketches that you've seen on my blog these last few years.

I have 3 volumes. Vol. 1 is strictly GI JOE artwork, Vol 2 is MARVEL Comics Characters 
(X-Men, Avengers, SPIDERMAN, Etc...) and Vol. 3 is DC Comics characters (SUPERMANBATMAN, JLA, etc..) 

These are for sale, you can simply email me directly and payment is taken through paypal. They are $10 each and $8 flat rate (domestic) shipping for 1 or all 3. 
International shipping is based on location.

I have these available at the conventions I set up at, but if you can't make the show, you can purchase them here as well. Please Email me if you need more details.


1 comment: